[cw-discuss] World of Warcraft quit after latest patch
Don Cooley
2008-07-16 18:57:31 UTC
I just got World of WarcraftWoW to work on 14 July. Everything
was working fine. Started it today and it downloaded the latest patch,
WoW-2.4.2.8278-to-2.4.3.8606-enUS-patch. Now WoW's UI will launch but
when I click play nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing problems
with WoW? BTW, I'm running Fedora 9 with a standard intel grapics card.
--
Regards,
Donald Cooley
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
Brendon Oliver
2008-07-16 20:58:42 UTC
Post by Don Cooley
I just got World of WarcraftWoW to work on 14 July. Everything
was working fine. Started it today and it downloaded the latest patch,
WoW-2.4.2.8278-to-2.4.3.8606-enUS-patch. Now WoW's UI will launch but
when I click play nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing problems
with WoW? BTW, I'm running Fedora 9 with a standard intel grapics card.
I've always found using the WoW Launcher app to be a bit dodgy, and so select
the option to not use the launcher. What you should be able to do is start
the game directly from a terminal, using something like:

{cxoffice_dir}/bin/wine -bottle {bottle_name} -cx-app WoW.exe

replacing {cxoffice_dir} with the crossover install path, and {bottle_name}
with whatever bottle you installed the game into. That should get the game
running for you. Then at the first screen (where you give your login &
password), there will be a check box 'Show launcher?' in the bottom left
corner. If you uncheck that, then when you next start the game from the
desktop shortcut, it will bypass the launcher and go straight into the game.

The only downside to doing this is that you lose the ability for the game to
download upcoming patch updates in the background. Instead, the game will
d/load the next patch when you first run the game after an update is
released.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

- Brendon
06:38:13 up 28 days, 23:46, 1 user, load average: 0.31, 0.14, 0.05
Jeremy White
2008-07-16 21:06:23 UTC
Post by Don Cooley
I just got World of WarcraftWoW to work on 14 July. Everything
was working fine. Started it today and it downloaded the latest patch,
WoW-2.4.2.8278-to-2.4.3.8606-enUS-patch. Now WoW's UI will launch but
when I click play nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing problems
with WoW? BTW, I'm running Fedora 9 with a standard intel grapics card.
Could you get a support ticket in on that right away?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Don Cooley
2008-07-16 21:58:50 UTC
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:06:23 -0500
Post by Jeremy White
Post by Don Cooley
I just got World of WarcraftWoW to work on 14 July. Everything
was working fine. Started it today and it downloaded the latest
patch, WoW-2.4.2.8278-to-2.4.3.8606-enUS-patch. Now WoW's UI will
launch but when I click play nothing happens. Anyone else
experiencing problems with WoW? BTW, I'm running Fedora 9 with a
standard intel grapics card.
Could you get a support ticket in on that right away?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Well ... I grew impatient because a friend with a windows box wants me
to get this running so I can play too. I deleted it and am now
downloading it to install with wine. I am willing to file a
support ticket. What info do you need?
--
Regards,
Donald Cooley
Registered Linux user 444909
--
Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days. - W. C. Fields
Jeremy White
2008-07-16 22:17:17 UTC
Post by Don Cooley
Well ... I grew impatient because a friend with a windows box wants me
to get this running so I can play too. I deleted it and am now
downloading it to install with wine. I am willing to file a
support ticket. What info do you need?
Just that info will work nicely.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Don Cooley
2008-07-16 22:15:05 UTC
Post by Jeremy White
Post by Don Cooley
I just got World of WarcraftWoW to work on 14 July. Everything
was working fine. Started it today and it downloaded the latest
patch, WoW-2.4.2.8278-to-2.4.3.8606-enUS-patch. Now WoW's UI will
launch but when I click play nothing happens. Anyone else
experiencing problems with WoW? BTW, I'm running Fedora 9 with a
standard intel grapics card.
Could you get a support ticket in on that right away?
Thanks,
Jeremy
I submitted a ticket to crossover-games.
--
Regards,
Donald Cooley
Registered Linux user 444909
--
Whoever named necking was a poor judge of anatomy. - Groucho Marx