[cw-discuss] Carlos Rafael Ramirez has invited you to join Friendster
Carlos Rafael Ramirez
2008-08-06 01:31:35 UTC
You're invited to join Carlos Rafael Ramirez's network of friends.

By joining Friendster, you can reconnect with old
friends, meet new friends, start a blog, build a custom
profile, keep track of birthdays, and so
much more!

You can even stay in touch if you move away, switch
email addresses, or lose your mobile phone.

Click below to join Carlos Rafael's network.

http://www.friendster.com/join.php?inviteref=43483142&invite=5fOrLVi-T4G6PgUPSArtzw_J7-gQ82XJngbneC20pVQ5Nqw4ddcQnz6XZK2NOCav&lang=en-US

If you do not wish to receive notification emails from Friendster, please click below:
http://www.friendster.com/blockemails.php?invite=ZGlzY3Vzc0Bjcm9zc292ZXIuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29t
Dave Cook
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Hello Weavers,

I just installed Crossover on Fedora 8. It "failed" saying that a library
was missing; the message vanished before I could copy it but it was a
dynamic library something like libgnome?????.so.

I assume that this is what prvented the familiar drop-down menu appearing
on the gnome desktop.

A workaround is simply to install an application, find out where the
executable is and "manually" add it to one of the panels. In the meantime
if anyone knows what (and where) the missing file is, I'd be grateful.

Regards,

Dave
Jeremy White
2008-08-06 17:49:10 UTC
Post by Dave Cook
Hello Weavers,
I just installed Crossover on Fedora 8. It "failed" saying that a library
was missing; the message vanished before I could copy it but it was a
dynamic library something like libgnome?????.so.
If you used the self installing shell script (aka 'Loki' installer), that
message is normal, and harmless.
Post by Dave Cook
I assume that this is what prvented the familiar drop-down menu appearing
on the gnome desktop.
No, that sounds like a bug. A current CrossOver should work on fc8
under Gnome. I'm afraid it's hard to know where the bug is; candidly,
it's likely something changed in fc8. Doing either a killall gnome-panel
or logging out/back in may get you some menu joy.

You can also poke around in ~/.cxoffice/<bottle-name> to find the various
.desktop files we create if you'd like to copy them in manually.
The CrossOver Configuration utility also lets you see and attempt
to recreate menu items as well.

If you can get a support ticket in, we can take a more careful look.

Cheers,

Jeremy
j***@public.gmane.org