[cw-discuss] Unable to register Quicken08 after successful installAfter installing Quicken08 on my Ubunto Linux (v. 8.04) operating system, all seems well with but one minor (but important to me) problem. At the end of Windows install procedure I must REGISTER my installation with Intuit before I can gain access to their daily stock market quotes for investments in my Portfolio. It seems they need to plant a cookie (as part of the registration) for the downloads to work. I have used every option I can find in my Thunderbird (v. 2.0.0.16) browser to allow a cookie, but to no avail. They also suggest that a firewall could be the problem, but I do not have Firefighter installed. Is it possible that the Crossover (v. 7.02) installation is causing the problem?, , I'm asking because Quicken 05 and 08 are very popular installations and many people are probably trying to to
Alvin Burns
2008-07-27 17:06:44 UTC
After installing Quicken08 on my Ubunto Linux (v. 8.04) operating
system, all seems well with but one minor (but important to me) problem.
At the end of Windows install procedure I must REGISTER my installation
with Intuit before I can gain access to their daily stock market quotes
for investments in my Portfolio. It seems they need to plant a cookie
(as part of the registration) for the downloads to work. I have used
every option I can find in my Thunderbird (v. 2.0.0.16) browser to allow
a cookie, but to no avail. They also suggest that a firewall could be
the problem, but I do not have Firefighter installed. Is it possible
that the Crossover (v. 7.02) installation is causing the problem?

I'm asking because Quicken 05 and 08 are very popular installations and
many people are probably trying to to download market quotations in Linux.

Thanks,

Alvin Burns
Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
2008-07-27 17:36:05 UTC
It probably does not help for me to say "yeah, that is a known problem",
meaning, that it has been reported, and as of yet, no one has posted a
solution...
Post by Alvin Burns
[...]
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm