[cw-discuss] OpenSUSE 10.3 32bit not tested?
Chuck Stuettgen
2008-06-24 18:59:48 UTC
I just submitted a new ticket (685381) in the support ticket system with
what appears to be a regression bug in Crossover Pro 7.0.0-1.

During the process, I was amazed to discover that OpenSUSE 10.3 does not
appear in the drop down list of Linux distributions. Is this just an
oversight? Or has Crossover really not been tested on OpenSUSE 10.3?

Thanks

Chuck
Jeremy White
2008-06-24 19:12:11 UTC
CrossOver 6.2 was tested against OpenSUSE 10.3, and everything checked out for us
at that time (last fall).

However, we have a lot of customers that are reporting issues with OpenSUSE 10.3,
particularly with CrossOver 7. It's not clear if that's due to updates to 10.3 or
if it's due to changes in CrossOver.

We're trying to get to the bottom of those issues.

The drop down is a manual configuration, and we just have a hard time keeping
up with all the Linux distributions; it's just an oversight.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Chuck Stuettgen
2008-06-24 20:03:51 UTC
Post by Chuck Stuettgen
I just submitted a new ticket (685381) in the support ticket system with
what appears to be a regression bug in Crossover Pro 7.0.0-1.
During the process, I was amazed to discover that OpenSUSE 10.3 does not
appear in the drop down list of Linux distributions. Is this just an
oversight? Or has Crossover really not been tested on OpenSUSE 10.3?
Thanks
Chuck
I'm glad to hear it is just an oversight. I kinda thought it probably
was.

The only issue I have had running Crossover on OpenSUSE 10.3 is a
problem printing HTML e-mail from Outlook 2003 for which I opened a
ticket last December. (Which, BTW, is still open.)

You can add me to the list of people with an issue running Version 7. I
just opened a ticket about Outlook 2003 not closing when you exit. I
noticed other people are reporting the same behavior with Outlook 2007.
I can't speak to OL2007 but for OL2003 it appears to be a regression
bug as it did happen with Crossover 6.20.

Thanks

Chuck
Robert Smits
2008-06-25 04:20:03 UTC
Post by Jeremy White
CrossOver 6.2 was tested against OpenSUSE 10.3, and everything checked out
for us at that time (last fall).
However, we have a lot of customers that are reporting issues with OpenSUSE
10.3, particularly with CrossOver 7. It's not clear if that's due to
updates to 10.3 or if it's due to changes in CrossOver.
We're trying to get to the bottom of those issues.
The drop down is a manual configuration, and we just have a hard time
keeping up with all the Linux distributions; it's just an oversight.
Cheers,
For what it's worth, Jeremy, I have installed CrossOver Linux Pro 7.0
on my new OpenSuse 11.0 distribution. It works very well, and did also on
OpenSuse 11.0 RC1.

No bugs noticed, and I have MS Office 2000, Access 2000, Publisher 2000, Adobe
Elements 2, Click'n'Design 3D, Quicken 2002, IBM Voice Type, Simply
Accounting Pro, and Sure Thing Ticket Maker all installed successfully as far
as I can see.
--
bob-FY+***@public.gmane.org * I have no trouble with my enemies. But my goddamn friends,
(Robert Smits) * they are the ones that keep me walking the floor nights!