[cw-discuss] Weird tk issues...
Martyn Hare
2008-07-21 18:08:45 UTC
[***@hp3700 ~]$ sh -c "/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxsetup"
cxsetup:error: error initializing Tk: 'this isn't a Tk
applicationunknown color name "Black"'. Check the DISPLAY variable
(:0.0) and your access permissions (see xauth or xhost).

Issue occurs on CentOS 5.2, not a good sign. I will reinstall it, but
it's weird.. as other apps are fine with running in the terminal. This
is CXOffice 7.0 btw...
Martyn Hare <martyn.hare-puGfsi27rH1aa/***@public.gmane.org>
Andrew Bogott
2008-07-21 19:37:44 UTC
Martyn --

This is most likely a bug in your distro -- it recurs for us now and
then when new revisions come out. Generally the problem is in the
X11/rgb.txt file. Check that out, and make sure that there are
reasonable definitions for the color 'Black' and also for the color
'black'. If you have one but not the other, just duplicate the line you
do have and switch the case.
In most cases that solves the problem.

-Andrew
Martyn Hare
2008-07-22 18:39:29 UTC
No luck, tried adding a definition for Black (as it had black but not
Black) but no luck, still the same error. Have installed CXGames BETA
with no joy either, this used to work when CentOS was first installed
might I add... It seems to have broken recently, but I do not know at
what point it started to go wrong.
0 0 0 Black
0 0 0 black

Have you got a replacement for this file? It would be for CentOS (or
RHEL) 5.2...