[cw-discuss] Printshop Deluxe v.22
Graham Todd
2008-08-15 08:12:59 UTC
I am looking for a simple DTP package to create posters and greeting
cards. Apart from Scribus, there doesn't appear to be any DTP packages
in Linux, and that tackles the higher end usage - not the basic usage I
want. A friend lent me the above, which he uses successfully to
produce posters, but in trying to install with Crossover Linux
Professional, I've come across a problem.

There are two disks - an Install Cd and a Program CD, plus Art CDs.
The setup.exe gives a splash screen that can't be moved, but a small
InstallWizard(r) tries to make a connection to Microsoft(r).NET and
keeps on going through the InstallWizard(r) over and over asking you to
"Please Wait".

After 2 hours of waiting I rebooted to see the splash screen go and a
couple of windows underneath waiting for my input. Does anybody know
any way to bring these to the front of the splash screen?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest another application to work with
CrossoverLinux Pro that covers the low end of the DTP applications?
Graham Todd
James E. LaBarre
2008-08-15 14:52:47 UTC
Post by Graham Todd
After 2 hours of waiting I rebooted to see the splash screen go and a
couple of windows underneath waiting for my input. Does anybody know
any way to bring these to the front of the splash screen?
The trick I used to use with wine was to run the installer inside a
"desktop" window. Rather than running the installer inside a "seamless"
interface, it would run inside a sub-window. A similar solution is here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=690646;list=16;ticket_level=2

(I think the official term is "managed window")
Graham Todd
2008-08-15 15:26:06 UTC
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:52:47 -0400
Post by James E. LaBarre
Post by Graham Todd
After 2 hours of waiting I rebooted to see the splash screen go and
a couple of windows underneath waiting for my input. Does anybody
know any way to bring these to the front of the splash screen?
The trick I used to use with wine was to run the installer inside a
"desktop" window. Rather than running the installer inside a
"seamless" interface, it would run inside a sub-window. A similar
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=690646;list=16;ticket_level=2
(I think the official term is "managed window")
Thanks - I'll try that and report back as to how I get on!

I've got a wedding to attend this weekend so I might not be back until
Monday!
--
Graham Todd