[cw-discuss] How to Get Program to start from menu
Robert Smits
2008-05-19 18:44:09 UTC
I'm using CrossOver Pro Linux and am trying to figure out how to get a program
to show up either on my desktop or as a KDE menu item, preferably the latter.

I'm using CrossOver Pro 6.2 on OpenSuSe 10.3. I'm trying to get the Otter Old
Time Radio database running.

I can install the program in a folder in my default bottle, and then
right-click the otter.exe file and choose run with Crossover and it works
just fine.

How do I create either a desktop shortcut or a menu item in Windows
Applications to start my program?

Bob
Bob Smits Ph 250-245-2553 Fax 250-245-5531 E-mail bob-FY+***@public.gmane.org
Brian C
2008-05-19 19:43:08 UTC
Depending on the version of KDE you should be able to right click on the KDE
menu button and select an option to edit the KDE menu items. This option
does not seem to exist in KDE 4.0 so far.

For the desktop just right click and select create short cut, or program
link. If you can not do that you might have to use the ln command to create
a short cut to a bash script file that will start the app.