[cw-discuss] Ubuntu 64 question
Guy Loucks
2008-08-07 00:19:34 UTC
Hi people,

This may be a google-able answer, to try and work around some issues
on my Dell Laptop, I have just gone to the 64bit version of 8.0.4.

I installed the gcc 32bit libraries, and the installers (both games
and crossover) are complaining about the libraries?

I will crawl through the shell script later today, however if there
are any suggestions off the top I would be happy to try that out.

Cheers,

Guy

---
Guy R. Loucks | "Everyone is a genius at least once
a year.
"These opinions and | The real geniuses simply have their
bright
ideas are my own, | ideas closer together." G.C.
Lichtenberg
what few there are." |
---

CAUTION: This message and any attachments contain information that is
CONFIDENTIAL and is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended
recipient any use, disclosure or copying of this email message or
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify immediately and erase all copies of this message
and attachments.
Jeremy White
2008-08-07 00:32:30 UTC
Guy,

I'd advise downloading the ia32-XXX.deb packages from us;
they will automatically pull in the dependencies you need for 64 bit Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Jeremy
richard
2008-08-07 19:23:23 UTC
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:32:30 -0500
Post by Jeremy White
Guy,
I'd advise downloading the ia32-XXX.deb packages from us;
they will automatically pull in the dependencies you need for 64 bit Ubuntu.
Cheers,
Jeremy
Hi
I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit and the 64 bit V7 works OK on this box.

HTH
--
Best wishes

Richard Bown

Registered Linux User 36561
OS: Ubuntu 8.04 on AMD Dual Athlon 64: 8 MB RAM
Ham Call: G8JVM , QRA IO82SP, Interests Microwave
Guy Loucks
2008-08-08 01:04:46 UTC
So it is on the list for the future...

What worked was:

sudo apt-get build-dep wine

Then the installation worked, so now to work out why CXGames is not
using much cpu, the mouse is slow as, and there are general rendering
errors...

Thinking of shutting down X system, if I can work out how to get
crossover to run as the only GUI and see what it does..

Guy
Post by Jeremy White
Guy,
I'd advise downloading the ia32-XXX.deb packages from us;
they will automatically pull in the dependencies you need for 64 bit Ubuntu.
Cheers,
Jeremy
Hi
I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit and the 64 bit V7 works OK on this box.
HTH
--
Best wishes
Richard Bown
CodeWeavers.
---

Andrew Jamison
2008-08-07 01:38:21 UTC
On both CrossOver Office and CrossOver Games when i try to install the
core fonts occationaly the fonts will freeze mid download forcing me to
exit out of CrossOver and re open it. I have had this issue with every
version i have tried. It is able to be worked through because the
installer picks up where it left off so the last font installed is still
installed and it need only download a new font so eventually it will be
complete